Sherwani is one of the most preferred traditional attire for men. Men prefer to wear them on festivals like Diwali, Eid and also love to wear them on wedding occasions. The collar of the sherwani makes it stylish and trendy.
The style of collar in a sherwani depends on following 2 basic factors
- Your face cut- For example if you have wide jawlines you should choose proportionately large collars similarly if you have a narrow jaw structure go for little round collars
- Your shoulder structure helps to define space between the collars for example if you have well toned straight shoulders always go for wide and V collars.
Choice of collars in Indian sherwani depends on person to person. Few of the most popular style of collars in Sherwani’s are –
1) Rounded Collar Sherwani –
- Stiffed round collar It is in shape of English letter “O”
- It has a short width
- It creates a very stubby look around the neckline
- If the collars are really close knitted they are also called crew neck
2) V neck Collar Sherwani – V necklines are always in style and in fashion
- It is in shape of English letter “V”
- It is one of the sexiest styles of collar available for men’s dressing
- They make you look slim. They take the focus of away from the rounder area of the neck and jaw
3) Mandarin collars/Chinese collars/Cadet collar
- It’s a small standing collar open at the front
- They are very popular among Indian traditional jackets and sherwanis
Cbazaar and Homeindia offer a wide range of designer Sherwanis online for various occasions like weddings, festivals and special events.