Have you ever looked at a person's arms and wished your arms could be cut like that? Perfect triceps that have what looks like the perfect imprint of a horseshoe etched into smooth skin. You do not have to be an award winning body builder like Arnold Schwarzenegger or Miss Physique to have really great looking arms. All it takes is some dedication to getting in shape and doing some exercises.
Did you know that without physical exercises, the muscles just waste away and fat will get deposited all over your body? On top of that the digestion and metabolic functions of your body get impaired and the breathing capacity of your lungs goes down. Your body is not designed to metabolize fat well without you perform some physical exercise.
Exercises are essentially means of training various muscles of the body so that they become stronger. Triceps are important muscles that enable your arms to be raised and lowered and lift weight in the process so strengthening of the triceps is important. It is also surprisingly simple all you have to do exercise daily. These are the six exercises for quickly getting the triceps of a fitness model:
1. Bench Dips: Perform bench dips by placing your feet on one bench and holding another with your hands you slowly lower bench. Begin with 8 to 10 repetitions and as your strength increases so should the reps. You can also take a weight plate and place it on your lap for more resistance. This exercise is a sure fire way to blast your triceps and ignite major growth to make the back of your arms to make them more toned.
2. Close-Grip Bench Press: Lying on a bench you need to place your hands on a barbell with your hands about 6 to 7 inches apart, so that the focus is on your triceps. Slowly lower the weights to your chest while keeping your elbows close to your body. Push back to the start and repeat. Do 10 to 15 repetitions
3. Barbell Extension (Skull Crushers): In a standing position you need to hold the barbell above your head, making sure not to lock your elbows. Bending the elbows slowly lower your arms down behind your head, making sure to keep your elbows tucked in so the tension in on your triceps, then slowly raise the barbell back to starting position. Repeat 15 to 20 times, until you feel the burn in your triceps.
TIP: This exercise can be done either lying down or standing standing up with a barbell or dumbbells.
4. Cable Triceps extensions (Push Downs): Using a medium-length straight bar and keeping a body straight with knees slowly Bent, tuck the elbows in and slowly push the bar down from the chest while focusing on the triceps. Each rep is strictly controlled and concentrated. At the bottom position squeeze the triceps for a second or two. Do 3 sets for 15 to 20 reps. Once you are accredited to the initial sets then you can increase the sets. Take a 30 second break between the sets.
TIP: This exercise can also be done lying down and reaching to the top of your head or sitting and reaching to pull up from behind your head.
5. Dumbbell Extension – Laying on your back hold a dumbbell over your head with both hand holding it under the inner plate using a heat shaped grip. Now with your elbows overhead extend your forearms straight up towards the ceiling by flexing your elbows and then lower the dumbbell back to the starting position. Palms facing in toward each other, lower dumbbells to ears then back up. Repeat 15 to 20 repetitions.
6. Dumbbell overhead press: This is also known as the shoulder press. All you need to do is to sit on a bench that provides vertical back support, pick a pair of dumbbells and raise the dumbbells overhead to the maximum and then bring them down to shoulder level. You can do these together or alternating.
These exercises may sound complicated and the thought of working out may sound scary. However remember the old adage that says, No pain no gain. So if you want to have those beautiful triceps and to have that sleek and toned look it's time to work up a sweat. So if you follow these six exercises it will not be long before you have the triceps of a fitness model.